This Christmas tree cheese ball is the perfect appetizer to kick off your festive feast this year!
It’s very easy to make and will be a stunning addition to your buffet table…
Oh, and did we mention that everyone will love it?
- 1 What Cheese Works Best For A Christmas Cheese ball Tree?
- 2 How To Make A Christmas Tree Cheese Ball
- 3 Christmas Tree Cheese Ball
What Cheese Works Best For A Christmas Cheese ball Tree?
Packaged cream cheese works very well for this recipe.
We used Philadelphia and added some Red Leicester in too, but cheddar cheese would work just as well.
Note: If you’re mixing by hand then remove the Philadelphia from the fridge 20 minutes or so before making the dip to allow the cheese to soften slightly
How To Make A Christmas Tree Cheese Ball
The hardest part of making this cheese ball Christmas tree is finding the willpower not to devour it before your guests arrive.. seriously!
And don’t worry about how to achieve a fabulous tree shape…
The cream cheese mixed with cheddar creates the perfect thickness that allows you to easily shape the tree using a knife or spatular.
P.S. Be sure to click here to save this recipe to your festive food board on Pinterest
For The Cheese Ball Mixture
- 780g Cream Cheese
- 175g Red Leicester (or Cheddar Cheese)
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Granules
- 1/2 Tsp Onion Granules
- 1/2 Tsp Dried Rosemary
- 2 Tsp Fresh Thyme
For The Toppings
- 1 Cup Pineapple
- 1 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 Cup Pomegranate Seeds
- 200g Bacon
- Red Leicester (For Star)
- Cracker Selection
- Begin by chopping the bacon into small pieces and frying until crispy. Once fried, place it into the fridge to cool while you continue preparing the other ingredients.
- Grate the Red Leicester (or cheddar) cheese and set it aside.
- Place the Red Leicester, Philadelphia, garlic granules, onion granules, thyme, and rosemary into a mixing bowl and mix well to combine.
- Scoop the cheese mixture out of the bowl and pile it onto a clean plate.
- Use a knife or spatula to work the cheese into a Christmas tree shape.
- Now it's time for the decorations... Remove the bacon you cooked earlier from the fridge, chop the pineapple into very small chunks, and ready the cranberries and pomegranate seeds.
- Beginning with the pineapple, gently poke the toppings into the cream cheese tree... save the bacon for last because the small pieces will fill any gaps left between the other toppings.
- Use a star cutter to cut a star out of a slice of Red Leicester cheese and place it on top of the cheeseball tree.
- Decorate your serving plate with a selection of crackers and meats like prosciutto and salami.
How To Store This Holiday Cheese Ball Tree
Store the Christmas tree cheese ball in the fridge until ready to use.
Hint: You can place a large bowl over the plate to keep the cheese ball tree fresh.
If not serving immediately then reserve the crackers until it's time to serve to ensure they remain fresh... no one likes a soggy cracker!